Get ready to rumble!

• Not a matter of loving or hating god. it is a matter of issues. I don't think I am overestimating how unpopular getting rid of all abortions would be.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• One of the tenets of Christianity is that the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God. One can quote God's Word without speaking for God or claiming to know what God thinks because he has already spoken to us through the written word of the Bible.

Drop the brick Rick, it ain't no trick, get yourself free.

"It's no longer our job to wake the sheep. It's time to wake the other lions."

giphy.gif

• Kind of a one sided conversation tho eh elfie?

lazs

It's helpful for the unborn. Sciency stuff.

During pregnancy, your baby’s brain is developing rapidly and storing information for future use. This is one reason why it is important to eat healthy during your pregnancy. Science has shown that reading to your baby in the womb promotes brain activity and can promote early literacy skills and language development.

giphy.gif

• Oh.... I see the problem here. I am not a christian. You are confusing me with christians. I believe in god the creator. I don't pretend to speak for him tho.

And elphie.... I think we may be on the same page somewhat. I said when there is brain activity. you are saying that it the point the parents read to and talk to the fetus. Not sure many talk to the just joined egg and sperm.

Every religion thinks they got the inside track on god. One of em may. how the hell would I know?

lazs

• Who said life begins at birth. Who says a spark of life is a human life with all the rights of a human? That is really all it boils down to.

At some point in the womb the fetus is self aware and has brain activity and can feel pain and sounds etc. At that point to me.... it becomes a person. Not a potential person. a person.

lazs

Why are you ok with destroying someone's potential?

We don't pull the plug on brain dead people unless there is no hope for recovery so brain activity probably isn't the hill you want to die on. I mean, those folks are still alive.

The hill you might want to climb is the one for a heartbeat.

giphy.gif

• You are confusing me with christians

No I'm not.

I'm pointing out that you are forgetting that the people you are accusing of speaking for God are simply quoting the Bible, as they should, because it's part of their faith.

giphy.gif

• Works out the same tho doesn't it? You want to lose this election? Just put some fire and brimstone snake handlers speaking for their religion at every event.

lazs

• If Christ did in fact come to this earth, perform miracles, and die for our sin, do you think when you stand before God and say how was I supposed to know what with all the competing religions that he will then say that's okay, I understand?

• I hate the "viability" argument for abortion. It is complete nonsense and simply moral depreciation of the decision being made. The only two scientifically supportable points on the chart are conception and birth. The rest are arbitrary. It is all aborting a baby.

I'm all for letting people pretend, however. The repugnancy scale seems to go up each term. This provides some window for acceptance amongst those who would prefer to delude themselves into thinking it's OK to do this at 3 months... but not 4. This is what really matters?

Own up to the fact that it is as simple as saying that the mom's rights trump the unborn baby's rights... always. It's cruel. It's inhumane. It is taken advantage of for the most selfish of reasons. I'd rather we focus on those things and have it be legal than pretend it's none of that because the baby isn't "viable".

• A seven year old isn't "viable".

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Miniature one. The 'viability' thing is no more nonsense than the 'moment of conception one'

While I wholeheartedly agree that the repugnancy factor goes up every month of pregnancy.... which... seems logical. But you seem to be saying that all abortion is murder. I would rather we talk about what point we are killing a human being. No idea how you feel about unplugging a brain dead adult. He is not 'viable' without a zillion machines keeping him alive. Is it murder to unplug him?

I see some uncomfortable parallels in this. "unplug" the brain dead fetus from the mom and what happens? There is even the mercy thing. While some really deformed children or even incest babies have led decent or even great lives? not the norm..... Still... I am not advocating late term abortions over possible birth defects.

I am saying that until their is brain wave activity or a heartbeat or whatever (lets draw the line) Well... no harm no foul.

I somehow can not think of the morning after pill as murder of a constitutionally protected 'people'

lazs