Flordia school shooting.

• The lefties seem especially feverish with this one.

Apparently there is blood on my hands.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

:this

• I would do that with ya Mike.. haven't shot cap and ball for ages...

lazs

I joined the Ukiah Gun Club when we first moved back here, but I've let my membership lapse and, sadly, my NRA membership has lapsed but I'll rejoin both of them.

I used to do cap and ball, and flintlocks, too- it's a lot of fun. Plus it's not that expensive, at least until you get the bug, then it can get spendy.

Oh, I forgot to mention- I live across the street from the Ukiah Gun Club. I used to trap shoot there- I need a decent over/under and a reloader for shot shells because they have a great trap range. I need some hobbies- I'm too old for skiing and sport diving so I need something more sedate.

• We have to take a proficiency course at the local gun range, do the background, but personal protection will get you a CCW. I've known our Sheriff since he was a patrol deputy almost 40 years ago, and he's a good man. The only weird thing is you have to be qualified with a specific firearm, so if you qualify with a 45 Kimber you can't conceal carry any other gun unless you have qualified for it.

Presently I don't have a firearm in the house because I don't have a gun safe. My firearms are locked in my nephew's gun safe- I'm tempted to go shooting, especially with my vintage WW2 M1 Carbine, but I'm kinda busy.....

I used to be into black powder cap and ball, and I had a replica Remington in 44 cal.... I'd like to get into that again. Was fun.

yea.....we gotta show training proof too, although i can't find the training requirements. most say we have to pass nj state police quals.

we also have to qualify with each gun we want to carry. and it is all always for naught, as no one ever meets the justifiable need. even those that do, don't.

i'm gonna join those who've been denied. on the line for justifiable need, i am simply going to put "for all lawful purposes".

• also.....the commies are latching on to this one big time. there's gonna be a push. there's gonna be traitors that are gonna buckle under the pressure, and it ain't gonna be good for us. hopefully the head guy doesn't buckle.

• Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• Strange... I think Australia is just generic in the meme.. I say that whenever anyone tells me about any other countries gun laws... they simply don't interest me that much and certainly have no influence on what I do or think.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• so beet.....say that the usa was as you think it should be........and that the murderer couldn't get a gun. do you think he'd still have killed those students?

No, I do not.

And even if he had an alternative weapon, eg. a crossbow (as suggested by the chocolate teapot man) he would have been much easier to stop. I don't know the AR15's rate of fire, but I do know it's a damn sight higher than the rate at which a crossbow can release successive quarrels.

No gun control law anywhere has ever reduced homicide rates.

But the absence of gun control laws has allowed homicide rates in various countries to skyrocket, and not just in the USA.

And... you can't fuck Australia. It's a great country - I loved it there. Lots of creatures in various forms out to kill you!

"Spain is made up of 17 autonomous communities, the Canaries being one, so says the Spanish constitution"

- Holden, who had failed to notice that the Spanish Constitution refers to the sovereign state, that being the KINGDOM of Spain. Just one of many examples of its name being abbreviated to "Spain" - incorrectly, in Holden's case.

• LOL beet... in what country has the absence of gun control laws allowed homicide rates to skyrocket? In the U.S. when there were ZERO gun control laws our rate was extremely low... about 1... as gun control laws were added the rates went up until at the peak of gun control our numbers were their highest.

As more and more gun control laws are repealed or ignored... our rate again begins to drop.. any idea why that is?

And... if the guy would have just stole a big rig 18 wheeler and run it through the playground at recess he would have killed more. A simple bomb or three would have killed more.

lazs

• No, I do not.

And even if he had an alternative weapon, eg. a crossbow (as suggested by the chocolate teapot man) he would have been much easier to stop. I don't know the AR15's rate of fire, but I do know it's a damn sight higher than the rate at which a crossbow can release successive quarrels.

The worst school massacre in American history:

In 1927, at an elementary school in Bath, Mich. A school board member named Andrew Kehoe, upset over a burdensome property tax, wired the building with dynamite and set it off in the morning of May 18. Kehoe’s actions killed 45 people, 38 of whom were children.

Another that killed far more but doesn't fit in the school category.

Julio Gonzalez needed to set the Happy Land social club in Brooklyn on fire in March of 1990. After starting the fire near the entrance, he pulled down the metal gate and 87 people inside to burned or suffocated to death within minutes. :gasoline and matches.

And Beet1e, the reason for my statistics post was to show the idiocy of your statistics post: that 100% of data that are defined to fit into a certain category... fall into that category.

• Exactly.. and... if you consider day care a school.... Oklahoma federal building bombing... And if you consider home schooling.. Waco.

Waco is interesting because dozens of assault rifles (real ones) were fired at the children but so far as anyone can tell not one was killed by that.. it was the fire that killed em.

lazs

• Strange... I think Australia is just generic in the meme.. I say that whenever anyone tells me about any other countries gun laws... they simply don't interest me that much and certainly have no influence on what I do or think.

lazs

Well that’s a first.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• LOL beet... in what country has the absence of gun control laws allowed homicide rates to skyrocket?

Yours. Once again, here comes Nashwan's post - I love posting this! Must be 100 times by now...

Lazs: "And that does not change the fact that your homicide rate has not gone down since you took away the freedom of your citizens."

Nashwan: "No, but yours went up when you didn't.

Murder rate per 100,000:

Year US - UK

1900 1.2 - 1.0

1901 1.2 - 1.1

1902 1.2 - 1.0

1903 1.1 - 0.9 --- UK Pistols Act introduced

1904 1.3 - 0.9

1905 2.1 - 0.8

1906 3.9 - 0.8

1907 4.9 - 0.8

1908 4.8 - 0.9

1909 4.2 - 0.9

1910 4.6 - 0.8

Until 1903 US and UK murder rates were almost identical. The British government at that time saw enough of a threat to warrant the introduction of a law controlling handguns. The British murder rate stayed the same. The US didn't introduce any controls and saw its murder rate soar."

The worst school massacre in American history:

If that was your attempt at "proving a point", then it's pretty pathetic, given that you had to go back more than 90 years to find an incident in support of your claim.

And Beet1e, the reason for my statistics post was to show the idiocy of your statistics post: that 100% of data that are defined to fit into a certain category... fall into that category.

Well, I had to keep it simple for Razer, whose meme naively suggested that 100% of mass shootings were caused by mass shooters, as if these incidents were not the guns' fault. This is technically correct, but seeks to sidestep the obvious truism that in 100% of mass shootings, a gun was used. Well duh!

I do like your crossbow idea though, particularly when the mid section of the quarrels contains a vial of cyanide. Remember this? Silent, deadly, instant... "take the one who's asleep first. You've got three minutes to get the other two"...

https://tinyurl.com/y9h2pcbb

"Spain is made up of 17 autonomous communities, the Canaries being one, so says the Spanish constitution"

- Holden, who had failed to notice that the Spanish Constitution refers to the sovereign state, that being the KINGDOM of Spain. Just one of many examples of its name being abbreviated to "Spain" - incorrectly, in Holden's case.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.