Are death sentences still getting reprieved in Washington state?

• And let the race to "the worst punishment" commence.

The one thing punishment should not be is for the enjoyment of the mob.

• And let the race to "the worst punishment" commence.

The one thing punishment should not be is for the enjoyment of the mob.

Your right, it should be a warning. Personally I'm all for public executions for the worst offenders.

• People didn't travel for miles to watch hangings because they thought of them as warnings. They thought of them as an entertaining show. I think simplifying the process and making the consequence more assured would do much more towards issuing a warning. Word gets out ammongst those most at risk.

• I think they should have a lottery for who gets to be on the firing squad...it could be spent on the children

Propaganda is a manipulation tool focused primarily on emotions. It has little to do with truth or facts and everything to do with persuasion and motivation.

• Hanging is the most eco-friendly form of execution.

If the rope is made out of recycled hemp fibers and used multiple times, the gallows made from responsibly forested sources and reused, hanging is much more eco friendly than the gas chamber or the E-Chair.

No blood-borne pathogen problems like the guillotine or an axe, and no carbon footprint in the forging of steel or charging the chair, no poisons...

• His life is fucked forever. No college will take him, only work place he could get would likely be construction (not there is nothing wrong with that) or poor and drug addict.

2020, America's New Civil War.

If people do not display wisdom, they will crash like blind moles and then mutual annihilation will commence.

• She's pretty much fucked forever too

Propaganda is a manipulation tool focused primarily on emotions. It has little to do with truth or facts and everything to do with persuasion and motivation.

• I see these fuckers in jails and prisons every day, had I the power, would just put a bullet in the back of their heads and chuck them on a pit....they'll NEVER be part of civilized society

• I see these fuckers in jails and prisons every day,

Why are you in prison?

• I work on the stuff that makes doors open and close, plus tons of other similar shit in the security ballpark

• I am of two minds on the death penalty thing. On the one hand.. death is the final deterrent. There is no possibility of that person ever being a danger to society once he gets the bullet in the brain.. no chance of escape or getting let loose.

On the other... a life of hard labor gives the person time to contemplate their sins before meeting their maker.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• There are several other factors to consider. A criminal who has committed a capital crime and realizes it no longer has anything to lose and will fight to the death to evade capture. The death penalty is very final... Even in the last 20-30 years several Americans have been wrongfully convicted of murder only to exonerated years later.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."