Dream Cars

• Much sadness here.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Backyard Commandos INC, HMFIC

I disagree but I respect your right to be stupid.

Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

It's hard for liberals with mental disorders to think that other people don't also have the same mental disorders. - Danneskjold 2018

• They'll need to work on the injectors tomorrow and put new plug wires on it... but this is a good start:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This picture was taken shortly after that video:

• Meatloaf would say... four out of six ain't bad.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Last weekend there was one at a car show in the town of Southwest Ranches that was nearly perfect. There were so many people ogling it every time I went by there was no getting a photo.

I did get to watch the guy turn right off of 178th Ave on to Griffin Road and roar off.

• Sluggo was a little closer... 4 of 6 ain't bad. It smooths out whit throttle. It looks like at least one of the injectors is stuck open. That work commences today.

Compression did come back decent for all cylinders... so valves being stuck in position for 12 years wasn't as much of a problem as we worried.

• New Plugs. New Wires. New Injectors. Usually hitting on all 6 now. There's still a problem with the stall converter that will be worked on tomorrow. Also still need an Idle Air Controller for it. That should be replaced tomorrow too. Unfortunately, the brass proportioning valve is at least a week out. I don't really need rear brakes anyways.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Still to fix:

1) IAC

2) TPS

3) Master Cylinder

4) Proportioning Valve

5) Stall Converter signal

They unplugged the stall converter connector and things work as they should (though the stall converter never fully locks). It looks like there is a signal issue. This doesn't surprise me given the wire nest under the dashboard caused by the previous owner (not rats). All of the aftermarket gauges are coming out.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!