Adam Corolla making sense.

• It is one in the same.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• Not believing in big religion and not believing in big government seems very consistent and logical. The leftist atheists aren't really atheists. They've just supplanted god for the state.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• your second statement somewhat disproves the first. The fact is that most lefties are atheist and that they do indeed believe in big government..

My take is that they were atheists before they were lefties. god let their puppy die or whatever. A lot of atheists claim to be such because they think it sounds cool. The word seems to mean something slightly different in other countries than here tho I will give you that.

To me... if I were an atheist I would never use the word. it seems at odds with itself. I mean... it implies a faith based belief (that there is no god) that being that there is no way to know and it is the most logical theory since nothing else fits... so saying one is an atheist is to limit one to the willfully stubborn and ignorant.. far better to use the term agnostic which actually fits in the whole logic/science thing.

But... the word agnostic is not cool.. it does not have impact.. it makes you just sound like you don't know.

lazs

• Not believing in big religion and not believing in big government seems very consistent and logical. The leftist atheists aren't really atheists. They've just supplanted god for the state.

Well...unless you're muslim, your religion can't confiscate your shit and throw you into prison

BREAKING: "Experimental treatment reduces Alzheimer's in mice." So now every elderly mouse suddenly remembers that Bill Clinton is a rapist.

• Most, if not all religions used to. In fact most religions used to be part of big government directly. Some still are. These days most religions will only condemn you to eternal suffering in the afterlife if you don't submit to their laws and pay their taxes.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

The post was edited 1 time, last by GScholz ().

• Well, the afterlife is all BS aNYhow, therefore, their 'threats' are moot

BREAKING: "Experimental treatment reduces Alzheimer's in mice." So now every elderly mouse suddenly remembers that Bill Clinton is a rapist.

• But... the word agnostic is not cool.. it does not have impact.. it makes you just sound like you don't know.

Which is, of course, the honest answer.

• Agnostic is a word constructed from the Greek Agnosis which means—"not knowing."

How can you not know if there is a God, and profess faith in His existence or have faith that there is no deity?

The soft definitions of these words are bullshit.

• I do not have faith at all, I only hold convictions. I do not believe in a deity, but I cannot prove that a deity does not exist. I find it highly unlikely however given the lack of evidence. There are also agnostic theists.

Atheism is just the absence of belief in the existence of deities. Some people take it further and are more appropriately called anti-theists. People who deny the possibility of the existence of deities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antitheism

The post was edited 1 time, last by GScholz ().

• My version of agnostic is.... All religion is bullshit BUT... That doesn't mean there's not a god.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• I think you'll find that there as as many versions of agnosticism as there are agnostics. However, depending on you believing that there likely is a god or gods or there likely isn't you're an agnostic theist or agnostic atheist.

• I'm also an agnostic apathist... I don't really care if there is a god or gods because if they do exist they clearly don't give a shit what goes on down here on Earth.

• It's kinda funny how atheists, agnostics, and otherwise non believers stress out over religion and spend so much time agonizing over that which they say they do not believe. Hey, I believe in a supreme being and I believe there's a spirit in all living things but I don't spend my time stressed out over rather or not there's a God.

At any rate I'll find out some day, as we all will. I just hope God isn't too pissed off at me, and he has a sense of humor.

• Several of my friends are antitheists, and they "stress out" over the "believers" and what they do rather than what the believers actually believe. Like none of you are muslims right, and you don't believe what muslims believe... But you sure as fuck antagonize over what muslims do and represent.

• The Greek root tʰehós means God

A tʰehós (atheism) mean no God

Mono tʰehós (monotheism) means one god

Poly tʰehós (polytheism) means many gods

That's the Greek root meanings of these words folks.