Random photo of the day

• Your 'hens' do they look something like this?

Chickens will basically eat anything they can peck to death. I've seen them try to completely eat a dead chicken before.

Free range eggs are better. Better tasting, better looking, but wildly inconsistent in size. But I did get pretty sick from one once. Took me a while to work up the courage to eat more of them, but not a single problem since.

• Chickens will discover rodent nests and eat the pinkies and the rodent if she doesn't vacate that nest. The rooster will attack that rodent and if there are several that rodent is chicken feed. My cats don't mess with the chickens.

I watched a one pound Creole hen leap into the air flip inverted, spike a chicken hawk, bring it down and the ornery bitch killed it with a beak to the eye.

pound for pound chickens are badasses.

• My daughter is hooked on eggs she raises... not really free range since they are in a hutch in the backyard but they are fresh... the yolks are always much more orange... around here people are always giving me eggs too and I don't really eat a lot of eggs. End up hardboiling a half a dozen or so and eating em as a snack.

lazs

• Chickens will discover rodent nests and eat the pinkies and the rodent if she doesn't vacate that nest. The rooster will attack that rodent and if there are several that rodent is chicken feed. My cats don't mess with the chickens.

I watched a one pound Creole hen leap into the air flip inverted, spike a chicken hawk, bring it down and the ornery bitch killed it with a beak to the eye.

pound for pound chickens are badasses.

Watched a rooster keep a barn cat up in the rafters,the cat was still there the next mourning,too afraid to leave! I had to rescue the cat and put it out of the coop.The rooster would have killed it if the cat didnt get up out of reach!

• Watched a rooster keep a barn cat up in the rafters,the cat was still there the next mourning,too afraid to leave! I had to rescue the cat and put it out of the coop.The rooster would have killed it if the cat didnt get up out of reach!

I had to take care of my neighbor's coop for a week once. She had a domestic turkey, and a miniature black rooster that loved the turkey, and would follow her everywhere (as well as the rest of the normal chickens).

Anyway, that little fucker snagged me in the shin with one of his talons. I've cut myself, seen the bone, and bled less than what that little piece of shit did to me.

• Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• No it's just the stupid headstock.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• That thing is awesome.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. — C.S. Lewis

• The bass is an MX-z BC Rich. I've had it for about twenty-five years. It used to look like this...