Look what I GOT!

• yeah.. when you miniaturize a 1911 it gets complex.. . in my opinion the 4" is about the least they can go with the original design. the inner and outer springs are there because of what you say and no way around it. good news is that they stay good for a very long time. They also cancel the harmonics of each other.. think of the dual valve springs (inner and outer) of the hot rod motors..

you should be able to do a sorta press check thingie with the slide to hold it back to get the slide stop back in... pretty foggy for me cause I only seen one other one and it was not a genuine Colt. Look on Youtube.

lazs

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."

Pancho Villa, last words (1877 - 1923)

• Yeah, the slide stop was locking in EVERY time I pulled it back at first, annoying as hell. Stopped doing that after I broke it down and re-assembled. Prolly shoot it later today after we cut some firewood .Fucking 17 degrees out, utter bullshit. I'll start off with ONE round in the mag, and if that goes ok, I'll load it up

But that was a long time and no matter how I try, the years just flow by like a broken down dam.

• Well....I'm always afraid something will stop the first round from being ejected, and bad stuff with thereby occur

But that was a long time and no matter how I try, the years just flow by like a broken down dam.

• If the first round does not eject there will be a failure to eject which will not cause anything bad to happen other than the air turn blue with cussing as you clear it.

depending... you will either get a fired case still in the chamber or a stovepipe. neither of which is dangerous.

What is dangerous is a runaway. The sear does not catch and the gun fires full auto... You know how to check a 1911 for proper safety... I mean.. for the safeties working properly right?

lazs

• I bought a thousand rounds of run-of-the-mill Federal Amuuurican Eagle 230 grain fmj a while back. I'm of the position (perhaps incorrectly) that a .45 caliber, 230 grain round doesn't need any extra bells and whistles

• That is the standard 45 acp round and has been doing the job for more than a century. Just wondering if the thing fed hollow points.

Colt seems to have really put some work into their feed ramps and ejection ports. my 1991 series feeds just about anything.

lazs

• I expect it would feed them fine, might buy a box eventually. I guess mebbe a couple for testing purposes if I want the carry mag full of them

• yeah.. I was kinda shocked. my full size Colt feeds my cast and coated SWC bullets just fine. My Kimber had a lot of miles on it but it would bobble on a SWC once in a while... I polished the ramp and reset the extractor and it is doing fine now.

lazs